Lead LAMP developer on a global multi-language community site for a major brand. I have experience developing community solutions as well as extending existing sites.
- CakePHP - Preferred MVC framework with over 7 years’ experience architecting and developing many sites with one featuring over 25,000 members.
- Expression Engine / CodeIgniter - Experience with fresh installs, upgrades, migrations, plugin development and maintenance. Cake may be my favorite but I spend nearly as much time with this similar MVC framework and CMS.
- WordPress - Workhorse CMS / blogging platform of choice for many clients. From simple template installs to global brand sites I work in WordPress often.
- Linux - 7 Years’ experience installing and maintaining CentOS & Ubuntu servers. Working both in the cloud and on bare metal with standalone and load balanced configurations.
- pfSense - Network, router and firewall design and installations for office and medical facilities with priority on virtual LANs to promote data security.
HTML 5 & CSS
Experience using CSS and HTML 5 to create responsive designs for clients that adapt to the many screen in the wild. My focus on standards compliance and a personal distaste for hacks allow for sites to view as designed. Presentation on major browsers, printers, screen readers and other assistance devices is all considered in architecture and development.
With my extensive time on the road visiting everything from medical facilitates and national parks I have developed a suite of skills and tools to stay connected and productive. I have experience with resilient connections, rural networks and getting the job done with limited resources.
- Physical Deployments - Setup to visit branch locations anywhere in the US and ensure physical and logical networks are deployed correctly.
- MySQL - Database architecture as well as load balancing and query optimization experience.
- Apache - Experience with internal and external load balancing, SSL, rewrite and optimization.
Skills and Proficiencies